Saturday, March 2, 2013

34 - Eggless Banana Cake with Butter Cream Icing





"I'm so ripe. Either eat me or I'll burst out of my skin soon....."

That's what a few bananas in my kitchen told me the  other day. :) [ No, I'm not crazy,I'm just trying to write a blog. ] So, back to the bananas.  This was a yucky situation to say the least. I had to do something with them... either use them somehow or throw them away. And , no  I didn't want to throw  them away. So, I decided to bake - Eggless Banana Cake.

Ingredients


1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sal
1/4 cup + 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
6 ripe bananas
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


Preparation


Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Puree the bananas in a processor . Mix the oil, vanilla and the puree with the flour mix. Gently fold all the ingredients together. Pour into a greased cake pan. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes , until a  toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool and frost with Butter Cream Icing.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment