Wednesday, January 9, 2013

33 - Tiramasu Cupcakes

After taking a long hiatus, on account of  bringing a new little life  into this world, I am slowly trying to get my life back to normal. It is definitely taking its time because  I have now become very accustomed to the not doing anything in the kitchen and hence very lazy :)  ...my parents live in the same building, you see, and yes, I know, I am extremely lucky. :)

This Christmas, my sister and family came to visit us, and to meet the new member of the family. That's when  I decided to commence the baking again... and  I welcomed them with these delicious Tiramasu cupcakes! And I am sure my brother in  law will vouch for them. :)

Ingredients 

For Cupcakes

1 package yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cup coffee
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
12 ladyfingers ( Italian pastry), cut into bite size pieces

For  Buttercream Icing 

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp milk


Preparation

Cupcakes

Preheat the oven to 350 F.  Line the cupcake pan with baking cups.

In a large bowl, combine the cake  mix, coffee, eggs and oil. Beat this with  an electric mixer for  2 minutes. Fold in the ladyfinger pieces. Spoon into the baking cups. Bake for 18-20  minutes or until golden. Cool  cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes or so. Remove from the pan and cool completely.

Icing

Whip together the butter and the sugar in a bowl until well blended.  Add the vanilla and  milk to this. Whip this mix  again until light and fluffy.
* For more thickness, you can add  more  sugar.
* Vanilla essence can be added as per your taste.
* This will give you just about 1-2 cups of icing.

Ice the cupcakes and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment