Tuesday, February 7, 2012

20 - Scrambled Egg Curry - recipe courtesy - Dhanya Raghunath :)

Its been such a long time since I blogged. I just couldn't find a perfect recipe to share with everyone, and when I found one, I forgot to take pictures! Now yesterday, my friend Dhanya sent me this recipe as part of an experiment. I can't wait to see how many recipes I receive, and try them all out!

According to Dhanya, this recipe is inspired from mariasmenu.com .

Ingredients

Eggs - 2, beaten
Onions - 2, finely chopped
Tomato - 1, finely chopped
Green Chilly - 3, slit lengthwise
Ginger - a small piece, finely chopped
Curry leaves
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
Pepper - 3/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - as per taste

Preparation

Heat oil in a pan. Add the curry leaves, ginger and green chilly. Saute for a few seconds and then add the onion. Saute till the onions turn golden brown, and then add the tomatoes. Once the tomatoes soften, add the powders and salt. Stir this until oil separates. Once the oil separates, add the beaten eggs into it, and scramble well.Once the eggs are cooked well, add the coconut milk and bring to boil. Lower heat and cook for around 5 minutes or until the gravy thickens.


Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot! Enjoy!!



3 comments: