Thursday, August 2, 2012

24 - Amma's Potato Sandwich 1

The other day, I was chatting with my school friend ( a food blogger too) about our time in school, and she had this special recipe request. This was what she said ..."your mom used to make very simple sandwich with thinly sliced potato ( round slices)...i still have that taste in my mouth.. can u post that... i wud love to make it...!!!i must have last had it in the 9th or 10th std.."

This request had me calling my mom immediately asking her for details. She gave me the recipes for 3 sandwiches she used to make for my lunch boxes.I had to try them out as soon as possible. So that is what I did for snack time today... the 1st sandwich recipe....


Ingredients

2 slices of bread
Garlic - 2-3 cloves
Green chili - 2 ( according to taste)
Oil for deep frying + 1 tsp for the spread
1 medium potato
salt and pepper , to taste

Preparation

Blend the garlic and green chili with 1 tsp oil in the mixer.
Thinly slice the potatoes into rounds and deep fry them. Drain the excess oil on a paper towel, and toss with salt and pepper.
Spread the garlic-chili spread on 1 slice of the bread. Top with a few slices of the potato. If you like ketchup, you can spread a teaspoon of it over the potato layer. Close the sandwich with another slice.
You can cut it diagonally to serve.


These bring back fond memories to me... and as I told you earlier, to my friends too!!! :)




Enjoy!! :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks a ton deepthy... my mouth is watering...i am going to try this asap...i will make all three so taht i knwo which taste i want....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made them and ate them to my heart's and tummy's content...loved it... felt really good...
    thanks to aunty and to you... i think it was these fried potatoes only..anyway u post the other recipes.. i am going try each!!:)

    ReplyDelete