Tuesday, July 31, 2012

23 - Easy Mattar Paneer ( Green Peas with Cottage Cheese)

After a long break of more than 5 months, I am back to my kitchen and back to blogging. This is the reason for my break ... :)



I am almost in my third trimester, and thankfully have found more energy than I had till now. That encouraged me to find my way back to the kitchen and back to my blog...


So, this is what I came up with for dinner tonight. My easy twist on the household mattar paneer recipe... one with no chopping what so ever. And no chopping seems very very good to me right now. :)

Ingredients 
2 cups frozen green peas
6 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups cubed paneer
oil, to fry paneer and 2 tbsp for the gravy
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 bay leaves
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder ( you can increase the amount; I used this much cause I have a 5 year old who has very low tolerance for the heat )
salt, to taste
2 tbsp fresh cream
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves

Preparation

Shallow fry the paneer until it turns into a light golden color.Take the paneer out and place on a paper towel so the extra oil is absorbed. 
Heat the 2 tbsp oil. Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle. Then add the bay leaves and stir for a few seconds.
Add the ginger-garlic paste and stir fry for a minute. Add the tomato paste to this and mix it well. Add the turmeric,chilli and coriander powder to the tomato paste and mix well. Cook till the oil seperates. 
To this, add the green peas and 1/2 cup water. Cook this covered on medium heat till the peas become tender. 
Add salt and paneer. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat. 
Now add the fresh cream and milk to this and cook covered on low heat for 5 minutes or till required consistency. Add the dried fenugreek leaves and mix well. 

Serve and Enjoy!! :)






3 comments:

  1. Deepthy u have a blog!!! great.. now we can bump into each other in teh blogosphere too...i always knew u loved experimenting in the kitchen cos i had seen the pics in your album.. welcome back to the blogging world..:)
    you have some great cake recipes here !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Renu! I used to be regular here ...then one day I couldn't stand the kitchen anymore :D ...Now your Klakdakka inspired me to get back into the kitchen, and your blog inspired me to get back to mine. :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Tried this. Came out really well. Thanks for this easy recipe. No cutting is a bait hard to resist:)

    ReplyDelete